Grace Baptist Church is a blended body of English and Karen believers. The church is located north of Willmar and is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and the Minnesota Wisconsin Baptist Convention.
Key verses for Grace Baptist:
- For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.Ephesians 2:8-10
- These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily whether those things were so. Acts 17:11
- For l have not shunned to declare unto you the whole counsel of God. Acts 20:27
Worship Service: Centered on Christ and His Word with exegetical preaching. For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. Ephesians 2:18 (Puritan verse on worship).
Music: Balance of hymns and choruses with biblically meaningful words. Hymns are part of our Christian heritage. As one Christian scholar aptly said, "Hymns are practical theology put to a tune." Many hymns are sung in both English and Karen languages. Morning Worship music also includes songs in both English and Karen with an English translation. But if there is no interpreter, let him keep silent in church, and let him speak to himself and to God. 1 Cor. 14:28
Christian Education: Curriculum is based on God's Word, the Bible.
Church Library: Quality books of spiritual growth, biographies, missions and Christian fiction. "There is nothing I know of next to the reading of the Scriptures themselves, which is more profitable in the Christian life than a careful, constant reading and study of Christian biography." Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
Fellowship: Opportunities for sharing and encouraging one another in the Lord (I John 1:3)
- English as a Second Language
- Sunday evening lunch after service
- Wednesday evening corporate prayer after service
- Special Occasions: Share-a-Dish meals, Picnics, Day trips, etc.
- Grace Gardens in the summer
- Weddings and Baby Showers